Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Toilet Paper Rolls?!?!?

I've seen a card holder made out of toilet paper rolls somewhere and decided to search for it on YouTube...  (I typed in "tutorial toilet paper roll")

Create! with Dee had a tutorial on mini albums that was so clear and easy, so I thought I'd try it! She uses 3 rolls to make the mini album, but I only used 1, to be used as a gift card holder or a tag card holder.... you can use your imagination on different ideas! (This link will take you to her home page and it's listed under 'Mini Album.' I recommend watching the 13 minute video as she gives some good ideas on it!)






I'm not at the point of making tutorials, but I can tell you that all I did was smooshed the roll and covered it using a 5"x6" designer paper (my apologies to the designer, but I can't remember which pack it was pulled out of!). Then I embellished it with flowers I got at one of the Scrapbook Expo's a few years ago. I also cut a tag and used a Stampin' Up rub-on to fancy it up a little!

It was really very simple and similar to making a card.... so give it a try and let me know how yours comes out!

2 comments:

  1. awesome idea Ginnie, TFS. Your's looks gorgeous as usual!
    hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really really cute! I am your newest follower. I saw your blog on OWH. TFS.
    yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete