Thursday, December 23, 2010

OWH Challenge #5

Before I talk about today's card I have to correct the S&S link from day before yesterday... the correct link to see more cards and info on the challenge is www.owhstarsandstamps.org

NOW.... Today our challenge was to make a monochrome card. I've never even heard of this so this was truly a challenge for me! But after looking at the other entries, this is what I came up with....



I'm kinda bummed you can't see the true color... it's a really pretty lavender! The top and bottom layers are textured and I inked the edges for a little outline. The stamped saying is from SU. I also added dimension to the inked butterflies and top layer with some pop dots...

I was so frustrated yesterday because my internet was down and I couldn't submit a card for the challenge, but if you look on my FB page (link to the right), there are some kid's encouragement cards that I made a few months ago...

I hope you all are enjoying the Holiday Challenges as much as I am!!

3 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I like your ribbon and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samantha!!! I REALLY wish the color came out better!! I'm gonna have to send this to someone just so they can see how pretty the lavender is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card. I love monochromatic cards and yours looks great.
    Happy Holidays Ginnie

    ReplyDelete